Veteran's Death Benefits

To be eligible you must be a veteran discharged or separated from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable, and have completed the required period of service. U.S. Armed Forces members who die on active duty are also eligible, as are spouses and dependent children of eligible living and deceased veterans, and of current and deceased armed forces members. Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at (800) 827-1000 for more information. 

Here are a few links to get you started:

Request Military Records
Reimbursement of Burial Expense
Presidential Memorial Certificate
Headstones & Grave Markers
Nationwide Gravesite Locator
Burial Flags

Need additional assistance? Contact VA